Sunday, August 1, 2010

Paper Plate Lions

One of my favorite things to use for crafts is paper plates. They are cheap, and I almost always have a stack in my cupboard. These are some lions I made with the kids from my previous job. We cut strips (or I cut for the little guys) all around the outside of the plate for the mane. They painted them with crayola washable paints and used some dollar store puff balls for the eyes and nose. Pipe cleaners were used for the mouth, whiskers, and handles. I added a dab of paint to the eyes for eye balls and helped shape the mouths. The handles were just something the kids wanted to add so they could hold them up in front of their faces like masks. If I'd known they wanted to make masks, I would have cut out eye holes. Either way, they turned out pretty cute and the kids had fun getting messy with paint and glue. Everything used was stuff we had sitting around the house. (it's always good to have a stocked craft box) So there you have it......paper plate lions. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment