Monday, August 9, 2010

Octodog

I will never again serve a plain old hot dog. A couple years ago I saw a commercial for this fancy gadget that cuts your hotdog into an octopus. I decided that it was a waste of money and I could make an octodog myself. I was right. Just lay the hotdog down flat and cut it lenghwise about halfway up, turn it 90 degrees and repeat. Now you should have four little tentacles. Carefully cut each tentacle in half and you've made an octodog! I recommend cutting before cooking. If you cook it in boiling water, the tentacles will curl up and look really cool, but the microwave works fine too. The one in the picture was done in the microwave. I wish I had a better picture. I like to serve octodogs over a bed of blue mac and cheese. (Kraft with blue food coloring) Of course these are for the older kids. ALWAYS cut up your hotdogs into tiny pieces for toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment