Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Beanie Baby Bed



I have two little friends who have two little cats that they once loved almost as much as their blankies. They found some styrofoam bowls and started using those as cat beds. The cats looked most uncomfortable though, so I decided to spruce up their sleeping quarters. Now I don't sew, but I made a trip to the fabric store and bought a large piece of red fabric. I cut out two large squares and stuck cotton balls in the center. Then I took the edges of the fabric squares and bunched them up around the cotton balls. I first tried hot gluing them shut which didn't work so well, so I resigned to the needle and thread. I sewed them shut and when I was done, it looked like something a first grader did. It didn't matter though because I covered the whole sewed up mess in hot glue and stuck it inside the bowl. Now, only the good side was visible and I was pretty proud of my work. I added some decorative ribbons and wrote the cat's names on their beds to avoid confusion. Nipper and Moon Light slept like babies that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment