Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm baaaaaack!

So I didn't blog all summer, because I didn't craft all summer! I was busy working with newborn twins, and a 6 month old friend! Working for teachers left me with an open summer, and I happened to find two wonderful families, both with babies, to occupy my time!
When the school year started back up, and I was getting back into the swing of things with my "regular" family, we had a horrible flood, that effected my family and theirs. So once again, crafting, and blogging got delayed.
Now that October in full swing, and we're finally settling into a routine, I'm ready to blog again!
I'm really enjoying being back with my four (going on fourteen) year old girl, my two year old race car obsessed boy, and very sadly, my walking, almost talking, way too grown up, one year old boy. As always, my four year old friend begs to do crafts every day, and I try my darnedest to please her. So without further adieu, here's one of our latest crafts!
Yes, you are seeing correctly. We made penguins.....in October. This craft probably would have been more appropriate for the winter months, but we just love penguins any time of the year! We started by gluing five popsicle sticks together and painting them black. We made the faces out of old Christmas snow. I'm not sure exactly what the stuff is called. It comes on rolls or on large sheets and is made to lay out under Christmas villages. The beaks and feet are made with orange felt. The eyes are googly eyes, and the wings are made with construction paper. Finally, we added pipe cleaner hangers! I think they turned out super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment