Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


My four year old friend and I made these beautiful craft foam flowers for Mother's Day. To make them you will need craft foam, green pipe cleaners, and buttons.


I started by cutting out 8 large flower shapes, 8 small flower shapes, and 8 medium sized circles. I used the point of the scissors to punch 2 small holes in each shape. Then I showed my little friend how to stack them up and let her put together the color combinations she wanted. Next I helped her poke the pipe cleaners through the flowers. You poke them through the first set of holes on your stacked flowers, through the first button hole, then loop them into the second button hole and through the second set of holes in the flowers. Finally we twisted the two ends of the pipe cleaners together to form a stem. To add extra sparkle she painted the large flower petals with glitter glue.

The vases are made from a piece of craft foam wrapped into a roll and stapled
shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment