Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mummy Wrap

Yeah, I know, it's only September and I'm already getting ready for Halloween. I love holidays though, and Halloween is definitely a fun one. You can't beat free candy. I've experimented with all sorts of methods of collecting the most candy. One year I thought I'd hit the "rich" houses and get full sized candy bars and other rich people stuff. I soon discovered that rich people are actually really cheap. That's how they got so rich in the first place. Plus those mini-mansions are pretty spread out, and each driveway is like 2 miles long. I've successfully lied and collected an extra piece of candy from each house for my "sick brother" and of course I've switched masks and hit the same houses twice. There is a house of Chinese people that live up the street from my mom. One year they didn't have any candy, so they gave me a dollar. Score!

I have little ones that look up to me now, so my days of lying and cheating are over. The real best way to get the most candy is to start early, and stay out late. Plan your route ahead of time. Stick to middle class neighborhoods where the houses are close together. Use a pillowcase to avoid tear outs, and move quickly. I once took a group of kids trick or treating until their feet bled. No pain, go gain. It's one night of your life, suck it up for the candy!

Anyway, I wanted to share a favorite Halloween game of mine. The mummy wrap game is a hit with kids of all ages. Toilet paper is funny. Wrapping your friend in toilet paper is even funnier. Older kids can separate into teams and race to wrap each other up the fastest. Younger kids just enjoy wrapping each other up. The best part of the whole game (at least for me) is breaking out of the toilet paper once you're all wrapped up. I buy the dollar store toilet paper, four rolls for a dollar. Last time I planned on two rolls per child but had a bunch left over. It's not the cheapest game, but it's well worth the money. The kids will thank you!

1 comment:

  1. haha! I have done this with my Grandsons! They loved it!

    ReplyDelete