Thursday, September 23, 2010

Counting Beads

This is the latest project that I did with my favorite three year old smarty pants. I bought the foam numbers at the dollar store a couple years ago and forgot about them. I've had the foam beads for a couple years too, and have used them for lacing practice with my little friends. I rediscovered the numbers the other day and decided to use them for this. First I taped six pieces of paper together to make one large piece. (I didn't have any poster board, and sure as heck wasn't making a trip out with the poop troop for one thing.) Next I glued down the numbers 0-10 and drew the lines. Now it was time for my favorite three year old to glue on the beads. As you can see, she glued one bead next to the 1, two beads next to the 2, and so forth. I should also mention that she did this with no help, and got it perfect! She was very proud of her work and hung the finished product in her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment