Friday, October 1, 2010

A grown up craft

This is a little plaque I put together for the family I work for. It was nap time and I was organizing my craft box. I found a wooden plaque from the dollar store that I thought would be the perfect place to stick a cute family picture they had. Since I wasn't at home, my scrapbooking supplies were limited, but I did have a few colors of scrapbook paper and a nice little "family" sticker.
First I traced the plaque on green scrapbook paper. I cut out the paper and glued it on the plaque. Next I cut the picture into a circle and glued that on along with the sticker. Then I got out the hole punch and punched out a bunch circles from gray scrapbook paper. I made borders around the picture, the sticker, and the plaque from the hole punches. Finally, I covered the whole thing in some dollar store wood sealer. I would have preferred mod podge, but I don't buy expensive craft supplies for kids crafts, and because I was at work, all I had were the kid's supplies. It already had the ribbon attached which just needed to be retied into a nice bow. Not bad for a nap time craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment